1. 俗话(古语)说，……：As an old saying goes/ As an old proverb says, ….
例句：As an old saying goes, god helps those who help themselves.
2. 据报道/据估计/据说/据信，……：It is reported/estimated/said/thought/believed that….
例句：It is estimated that it will take about three years to finish the project.
3. 也就是说，……：In other words/Namely/To put it another way/ That is to say, ….
例句：She was too trusting. In other words, she had no head for business.
4. 一则……再则……(多用于阐述理由或列举)：For one thing, …. For another, ….
例句：It is not wise for students to frequently go shopping. For one thing, most of them have no source of income. For another, they need to spend more time on their studies.
5. 考虑到……：Considering/Regarding/In view of,….
例句：In the view of the fact, this approach is inadvisable.
6. 我认为、在我看来，……：In my view/In my opinion/As far as I am concerned, ….
例句：In my view, it is quite important for students to enhance their learning in Chinese.
7. 为了……：for the sake of/for purposes of/in order to achieve sth,…
例句：They seem to have doing nothing but reading, acquiring more knowledge and really essentially just learning for the sake of learning.
8. 很容易理解/证明……：It can be easily understood/proved that….
例句：It can be easily proved that one cannot achieve success unless he or she keeps on working hard.
9. A is as B in C as D – should E.
例句：In his view, creativity is as important in education as literacy—and should be given equal emphasis.
10. A is at its most intense.
例句：Other researchers have found that play in cats, rats and mice is at its most intense.